GFWC Metropolitan Community Club of Montgomery Co.
Montgomery County District
Contact : Margie Bedingfield, MCC President, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Greenblatt at email@example.com
MCC welcomes new members who are interested in lending their support to local Montgomery County community services and agencies. We support a number of local charities throughout the year through donations of funds and services (see list below). Our membership consists of women working inside and outside of the home who want to contribute to their community.
Also, MCC offers an array of social and educational activities giving members many opportunities to make new friends as well as enjoy the many art, education, and dining venues offered in our area. Some of our most popular social and educational activities include our book club, local museum exhibits, and our annual tea.
Please contact us by email or phone, if interested in attending a meeting or learning more about our club.
- President: Margie Bedingfield
- Vice President: Nancy Wieker
- Secretary: Judith Harley
- Treasurer: Janet Maley
Regular meetings are usually held the third Wednesday at 7:30 PM at member's homes (unless noted below).
- September 18th
- October 16th
- November 13th
- December 4th -- Holiday Dinner at BCC (6:30 pm)
- Jan 8th -- Potluck Dinner and Report Meeting (7:00pm)
- February 8th--Saturday (10:30 am)
- March 12th
- April 16th
- May 14th -- Installation Dinner/Restaurant (6:30 pm)
Youth Art Invitation 2014
MCC Community Service Programs and Committees
- Home Life
- Book Club
- Ways and Means - Wreaths/Gift Wrap fundraisers
- Wreath Sale: MCC holds a wreath sale annually (during late September until early November) to raise money for the welfare charities designated by the Club. We sell both decorated ($37, includes postage) and undecorated ($22) wreaths.
MCC Charitable Donations of Funds and Services:
MCC has supported the following charitable organizations and purposes with financial and service donations.
- Mobile Medical Care
- Manna Food Center
- A Wider Circle
- Dorothy Day Place
- Women's Microfinance Initiative
- The Fistula Foundation
- Transformations of Montgomery County
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Tree-Mendous Maryland
- Team River Runner
- MCAEL (Montgomery County Coalition for Adult Literacy)
back to top
‹‹ back to Districts and Clubs page